Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

My 2010 nitro z9 live wells overfill as the day goes

Customer Question

my 2010 nitro z9 live wells overfill as the day goes on...both sides...runs all down the carpet and into the storage compartments....i have been fishing nitros a long time and never had this issue....this is the first season i have used them since i bought the boat....what is the issue here?? i close the system , fill, and set the timers for low med or high. it seems to begin overfilling on med to high
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

What does the inlet valve on your livewell look like?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the boat has 2o hrs on it...all is new...the inlet valve is the open or closed valve in the bilge compatment right?
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

I was referring to the point to where the water enters the livewell. On some of the older models there was a valve in the inlet to control how fast the livewell filled. If it is the type that is not adjustable, make sure that the overflow tubing is free and clear. With the boat having only 20 Hrs on it, something may have partially clogged the overflow hose.