Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.

Does on board charging system charge both batteries at the

Customer Question

Does on board charging system charge both batteries at the same time on 1999 bass tracker 175???
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

This greatly varies on what was installed in the boat. How many total lines are coming from your charger?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not sure because I can't see down far enough to trace the wires. There is two wires (one red & one black) that are the same size coming from both batteries that look like they may be from the charger if that helps
Expert:  Charles replied 6 months ago.

Ok, another way to tell is look at the engine battery. There will be the large wires for the engine, small red and black for the boat, and if there is a thrid set of red and black, that is the battery charger. That would mean that when you plug in the charger, it would do the trolling motor battery and the engine battery as well.

The engine has a stator on it that produces voltage when the engine is running to also charge the battery, but only the one for the engine.

Does this make sense?