Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have an 04 yamaha 200hp hpdi, y problem is the battery is

Customer Question

I have an 04 yamaha 200hp hpdi, y problem is the battery is going dead every 2 or 3 days.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Ok, what I did was isolated all my electronics ,battery switch and checked for any possible grounds. I then connected the motor directly to the battery,when I went to connect the positive cable, it drew an arc, a small amount of current is being drawn with absolutely nothing turned on, I even disconnected the harness that starts the motor just in case it might be a bad switch/harness.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: The battery is new ,charged up and was tested to be ok,I have a battery switch because I run to batts, so removing the switch and all wires for accessories from the equation leaves just the motor, my thinking is starter or solenoid is on the way out, boat starts with no problem and charges fine.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

Can I get the model number on the engine please.

Do you have a hand held volt meter capable of reading AC Milivolts?

Are you near the engine now and ready to work?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Z200TXRC my name is Jay
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hi Jay

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Did you want to stay online or did you prefer doing this over the phone?

Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No , I'm just getting the run around and want a refund.