Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My name is ***** *****. I have a 1999 Evinrude Ficht 115 and

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** *****. I have a 1999 Evinrude Ficht 115 and I am having some issues with the oil injection system. I rebuilt the motor due to a oil issue. I have the diagnostic software and I am trying to purge/prime the oil system, but I can't get any oil past the oil injector. I have verified oil flow all the way up to the oil injector. I have replaced the oil injector as well. The oil injector clicks when initiated by the diagnostic software, but there is no oil flow. The motor starts and idles fine, but there is no oil flowing. Any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have the specific service manual for this motor, and I have verified everything is connected correctly. I have also replaced the oil pressure sensor and the pressure regulator. Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

To have oil to the injector and no air but no oil out of the injector indicates injector is either not working or no oil pressure to force to/through the injector. The click sounds like it sound be activating the injector and you would want to check there is nothing preventing flow as well as checking oil is being fed to the injector correctly.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.