Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2007 Four Winds 19' with a 4.3 GL engine. I started

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Four Winds 19' with a 4.3 GL engine. I started the boat for the first time this spring 2 days ago. I let it idle for 10 minutes in the water while I cleaned the seats. Then I cut off the switch. About 5 minutes later and to present all it will do is beep a loud audible noise from the engine section and when I continue with the turning the key I hear a light ping...as if a coil or relay is pulling in but it only does it a couple of times then stops! Too bad the loud beeping doesn't! The engine is cold, I have a full charge on the battery but it won't turn over a bit! I have a test light and have verified I'm getting power to the White/ red tracer wire and the black one when I turn the key. I only can assume that the conta ts make the larger Red to Yellow hot to the starter??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike, my name is Jason.

There should be 1 more letter after GL in the model number, and I need that number. For example, there is a 4.3 GL-A, GL-B, GL-C etc etc. I need to know which one you have.

Next, are you near the engine now and ready to work? Do you have an actual volt meter?