Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

I got a 89 Sea Sport with a 305 Volvo penta 270 out drive. I

Customer Question

I got a 89 Sea Sport with a 305 Volvo penta***** I have a 1977 383 chevy I want to put in my Boat. I can see that the Flywheel and flywheel housing is different, (smaller) I need to know what part No. I need to make this fit. Thanks Kevin..
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

You would simply bolt up the existing flywheel in that case. You are looking at putting in a modified 350 stroked to an 383, I would highly reconsider an better drive as well such as going to a 290 or even going to a bravo drive. The other thing is you say a 383 chevy, marine engines are not usually referred to as an chevy engine and this makes me wonder if you are trying to put a vehicle engine in your boat that is not a marine propose engine possibly having a flywheel on it from a vehicle.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.