Kenny O.
Kenny O., Personal Watercraft Specialist, Kawasaki Jet Ski, Yamaha Wave Runners, Sea Doo Watercraft
Experience:  Product Specialist Kawasaki Factory Support 24 Years, 8 years National Technical Director IJSBA
30381042

Where is the fuse box located on the Yamaha LS 2000 boat?

Customer Question

Good Morning...where is the fuse box located on the Yamaha LS 2000 boat?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** engine has its own electrical box, this is easily determined by just following the spark plug wires, you will notice a cap on the electrical box, go ahead and unscrew the cap, once the cap is off you'll see "red" leads, carefully pull those leads out and in series on that red lead you'll find the fuse for that side of the engine. When reinstalling the cap on the electrical its good practice to put a little grease around the oring and on the threads of the cap it insure a good seal.

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank so much for the answer...I do however, want to ask you is it possible it is the kill switch or the solinod? Both engins will not start as if the batter is dead but we put a fully charged battery and we still received nothing from the motors, not click or turn over but lights and accessory panel all light up.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

Check the fuses, also remember that the engine covers have switches, those are usually trouble some if the hatches don't close all the way or are contacting the switches, also make sure all the terminals on the batteries are clean and tight especially if the boat is salt water. Check all connections and fuses first, if that doesn't get it we can further diagnose, you will likely at that point need a multi-meter, also make sure that the lanyards are plugged in.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the lanyard has been pulled and the battery has been checked. could it be possible that the kill switch has gone bad? could the solenoid gone bas as well?
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

It could be a number of things, you need to first start with where you were going originally, the lanyards will kill the ignition, then the inter-locks (hatch switches) and wiring and ignition switches, and yes possibly the solenoids, when inspecting the fuses look of moisture in the electrical boxes, that will require to then open those up, since both engines do nothing, I suspect something with batteries and or switches ? Has this boat been sitting or were you just using it and all of a sudden this happened ?

One or two batteries in this unit ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the boat sat for about a year, however, it is very clean and cherry. there is not oil or dirt on the twins at all and all wiring looks clean and very in tack.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

Salt water or fresh ? and was it stored outside ? covered ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it has never been in salt water. fresh water only, stored in a garage and always covered with its cover.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

OK, well if the fuses are not the problem and the batteries are good then you next step is getting a multi-meter, having somewhat knowledge of 12 DC systems, following a wiring diagram under my directions. You are looking at I would imagine a 4-5 ($500-600)hour diagnostic charge at a dealer, this is gong to take some time for me and the back and forth to diagnose your problem. The $26 you posted is not going to work well for me as I get half of that.

Let me know what you would like to do

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, I'm going to go thru the process of your previous answers. If your diagnose is needed afterwards, I will continue with you and your fee's. Give me a bit of time to do what you have told me to do in your previous texts.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

No problem, I am usually on in the mornings on Fridays, (I'm in California) if you get back and I don't answer back right away it could be later this evening or first thing tomorrow morning, if you have further questions about what we just talked about go ahead and post it up and I will get back to you.

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, we will follow your instruction. Thank so much. Will will be in touch with you latersincerely ***** *****
Sharon
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 8 months ago.

Thanks Sharon !