Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

Evinrude 90 Ficht: At times it will just start running

Customer Question

Evinrude 90 Ficht: At times it will just start running rough, some times it's like a float hung in a carb where there is excessive fuel going through the motor and uses a lot more than usual. I sprayed the control with wd-40 and that seemed to help Temporarily. Could this be caused from the Controls or cables or fuel system?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

These do not have a carburetor since they are fuel injected. If the engine is using excess fuel I would check fuel pressure during the problem as well as checking the injectors and an injector leak down test to see if you possibly have a hanging injector that is sticking and releasing excess fuel. I would also check compression during the problem, spark, etc.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.