Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

85v4johnson 79model no power at full throttle. Carbs cleaned

Customer Question

85v4johnson 79model no power at full throttle. Carbs cleaned and visually sighted all jets clear.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Long ready for this
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Just checked new spark plugs and noted port cylinders dry and clean as the starboard cylinder pistons were oily and wet looking.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hi Graeme, my name is Jason.

Do you have, or can you get your hands on a timing light so that you can check spark with the engine running?