Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I'm new to boats just bought a 1987 glastron SSV 176 was

Customer Question

Hi I'm new to boats just bought a 1987 glastron SSV 176 was needing to find a diagram of the boat wiring the guy took the rear wiring out and I wanna get the boat back in the water but not sure how to hook all the wires back up the motor is all wired but everything else is not connected to anything
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

The motor electrical wiring would be the only thing complicated and with any type of a diagram per say, the rest of the electronics are all powers and grounds, etc and is just a matter of knowing how to correctly wire 12v systems. You will want to go from the battery/switch to a buss bar as well as fuse panel or breakers and then to each circuit device. For instance an bilge pump let's say has 3 wires, one is ground, one is manual on and the other is switch whereas a 2 wire pump is power and ground the power going to a flat switch then out to pump and an additional manual power from a switch on the dash to the pump side of the pump circuit. This goes for anything electrical, you will have switches on the dash and these work with a main power into the switch and then another out that goes to the device it is to control, grounds go from a buss directly to each device.

It really comes down to what exactly needs to be rewired as to what repairs will need made but you will not usually find a electrical diagram for these esp on this year with the exception of the control assembly/ key switch and engine.

I can help you step by step re-wire each circuit or the entire boat but I need more info from you on what is needed.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.