Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Motorola run Southwind drops down on idle shuts down like a

Customer Question

Motorola run Southwind drops down on idle shuts down like a starving for fuel mess with so much on it now need to check the timing not sure how to do it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Have gone through complete motor check it out 2 weeks ago run very well went out 18 miles lost power act like its starving for fuel you shut down the fuel pump build fuel pressure started it up run for 10 minutes shut down again finally got it back to shore then would not run at all reduce the pressure on the fuel pump 2 5 pounds and now motor will not idle thought I was pulling air into the system changed all the fuel line change the filter change the pickup and then she departed with a time in and got it off need to know how to set the timing and possibly find out what's problem
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: You have an answer
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

What is the year/make/model of the engine you are working on?