Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

My motor starts about ten to fifteen seconds but won't stay

Customer Question

my motor starts about ten to fifteen seconds but won't stay running. help please. i'm very excited both of my boys and grandchildren. Thank you so much.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I crank the motor and it runs 10 to 15 seconds , the exhaust is dark gray and then it putters out. I put new non-ethanol 87 octane gas and correct amount of marine-grade fuel stabilizer[Stabil] Fuel line and bulb is new, tank is vented, oil-mixed seems to work properly and with new oil.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Which brand of outboard are you working on?