Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 2007 225 evinrude e-tec on a 2007 skeeter 225. THE

Customer Question

I have a 2007 225 evinrude e-tec on a 2007 skeeter 225. THE horn blows when top at top speed. Need opinion. [email protected] .com
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When the boat is at top end speed the horn sounds and let off on the gas it quits. The prop is not blowing out and I am running a 27 raker from factory
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hi Bill, my name is***** constant horn only happens for 3 reasons on this engine. Engine overheat, EMM overheat. And oil pump failure. That being said, when was the last time the cooling system one the engine was serviced with a new impeller and thermostats?

Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hi Bill. It looks like you read my reply and logged off. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Are you still with me?