Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

2012 mercury marine 60elhpt 4s, took my plug leads off and

Customer Question

2012 mercury marine 60elhpt 4s, took my plug leads off and confused about how put them back
2 ignition coils, 2 plug wires each, top one has 1& 4 on it bottom coil has 2+3 on it?
help jimbo
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jimbo, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.I'm attaching a picture showing the proper hook up for the ignition coils. See attachment.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

I think that should do it. But I work for tips so I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My top coil has 1+4 bottom coil has 2+3 , i assume the cylinders are 1,2,3,4, top down? Will hook it up and see
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

It is 1,2,3,4 top to bottom. It sounds like maybe somebody swapped the 2 coils at one point. What is the serial number on the engine, i'll double check it, but the picture should be correct.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

I'm still with you, I just have to look this up. There was a change at serial number 1c104423, and it looks like they changed the coils. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

There is a change on the coils. I apologize, the previous picture is not right. The cylinders are numbered 1,2,3,4 top to bottom. Take the top coil and plug 1 wire into the top and the other onto the bottom cyinder. And then the bottom coil handles the middle 2 cylinders.

Let me know if you end up having any trouble with it.

Expert:  Jason replied 7 months ago.

Hi Jim. Just checking in. Any progress?