Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

What do I need to install a new 150 Yamaha 4 stroke engine

Customer Question

What do I need to install a new 150 Yamaha 4 stroke engine on a 1987 Ebb-Tide Dyna Trak boat? The boat previously had a Yamaha 150 Pro V motor.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

It'll be a matter of you mounting it, then checking if the control cable you have will connect and function and or slight modification. Usually they are pretty universal and will connect, when not they can simply be replaced. The rest is your electronics which is just a matter of wiring and your control wiring with key switch, etc. If you have purchased it with its matching harness and control then it will be pretty straight forward with removing the old and mounting the new in it's place.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.