Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma

We just purchased a 1999 Crownline 238 DB. We would like to

Customer Question

We just purchased a 1999 Crownline 238 DB. We would like to find an owners manual for it and find a fresh water holding tank replacement for it as none was left with the boat.
Can you help us with the purchase of these?
Additionally, we plan to get it repainted. It does have some dings. How would you suggest the boat painter go about the entire process Prep work, paint type, etc.?
Thank you,
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 7 months ago.

Hi Carol,

As for the owners manual you can get it downloaded from here:

As for the holding tank, I suggest you get one from a nearby marine store as to get the origional one will be very difficult due to the age of the boat.

As for the painting, ideally he will start by sanding down the original paint and see if the scratches go and if no he would need to repaint it. Normally a good sprayer would know what needs to be done with the first inspection, but scratches normally go with sanding.

If you require further assistance feel free to contact me.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Noel
Thank you for the information on the owners manual. We were looking for the fresh water holding tank online and I know it took a 10 gallon one but there are just too many with different dimensions, fittings, etc. We need to have you find us an exact model, brand, source where we can get the fresh holding tank that would slip into our boat seemlessly.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Noel,
I just tried to download the owners manual and it took me to an Uber sign up site. :-(

Unfortunately i do not know the exact dimensions of the tank but normally what you need to do is to get the approx volume of the area and fit a tank there. If you need the exact dimensions of the tank then please advise and i will opt out maybe someone else can help you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please see if you can forward my questions to someone else to research.
Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please reverse my charges you made to PayPal. I am not satisfied with my response from Noel nor did I ever get a response from another associate!
Carol Grimes