Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

04 Seadoo GTX 185 working fine then several times will not

Customer Question

04 Seadoo GTX 185 working fine then several times will not start. Beeping but not starting. Changed lanyards and it worked. Then later it would not start again. Now it just says Seadoo on not beeping. Other Seadoo lanyard seems very sensitive again and sometimes takes two or three pushes to start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Charging it to see if it is a battery issue. Some people suggested changing the stop/start button cover.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dead battery. Thanks
Expert:  Joe replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

A dead battery would not fully result in those problems, usually that is also related to a bad connection and or something causing a draw on the battery. Normal problems seen on these are the ground cable and connections and draws the drain down the battery over time. It is also important to use a quality battery on these as they do tend to have problems with cheap batteries. You also want to be sure the battery is correctly secured and not loose to move around which leads to connection issues and damaged cables.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.