Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

How do you remove a trans on a1988 cruiser yacht with a 454

Customer Question

how do you remove a trans on a1988 cruiser yacht with a 454 crusader engine if it is stuck any tricks?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

It depends on what is "stuck", a stuck engine or trans should not effect removal so I have a feeling you may be referring to the trans being stuck in the engine, make sure all mounting bolts and anything holding it in place are removed from there you can try spraying something like PB Blaster and allowing it to work in to hopefully aid in it's release. Sometimes a rubber/plastic tip mallet will help break them loose.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.