Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I just bought a 90hp mercury 4 stroke. it replaced my 2006

Customer Question

i just bought a 90hp mercury 4 stroke. it replaced my 2006 60elptefi. i had no problems with. my friend who i fish with wants it. only thing is i have to put a tiiler handle kit on it. need to find the kit part number. thanks for your time to try to help me.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Depending on the serial number of the engine, you will need the tiller handle kit and a remote key switch for your engine. Match your serial number to one of the kits on this page. The kit is not really hard to install, but is sort of time consuming.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc/Mercury/2006/1A60412FN/ACCESSORIES/parts.html

if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.