Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a 1988 Cruisers 2970 with twin 5.7 Mercs. ONe is shot

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 1988 Cruisers 2970 with twin 5.7 Mercs. ONe is shot already out of boat. I came accoss a 5.7 Cobra in fantastic shape from a 1989 4 winns. Can the be mounted in my current boat easily. I Have inboards, the donor motor came from a I/O
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Hi Matthew, good morning my name is Jason.

You would have to swap over some of the brackets and the bell housing from the Mercruiser to the OMC, but other than that the blocks and the approximate horsepower are the same, so yes you can use the OMC engine. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

I think that should do it. But I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 8 months ago.

Hi Matt. It looks like you read my answer without replying back or leaving a rating. Please keep in mind the website has charged you to speak with me, but they will not credit me for helping you until you put through a rating for me. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, please kindly select a rating for my service.

Thanks again and happy boating!

Jason