Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

40 hp mariner runs great on trailer an want idle right or

Customer Question

40 hp mariner runs great on trailer an want idle right or power up without going dead in the water.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Carbs rebuilt an clean, new fuel lines, tank, fuel filter , an fuel pump. No vacuum leaks .primer bulb working correctly. Runs while on trailer with aux.water supply but put in in the lake an it will idle with a little throttle but come back to neutral an it dies.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: I have adjusted till I'm baffled.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you today.

Approx. how high is the RPM on he engine at idle?

Would you please post the serial number of the engine so that I can identify it?