Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2002 Optimax 225. I ran it this past weekend and

Customer Question

Hello Charles,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My Name is John. I have a 2002 Optimax 225. I ran it this past weekend and got very nearly to empty on gas tank. While running down the lake, the motor sputtered, lost RPM's and finally quit. I am reasonably sure it picked up some what/debris out of the gas tank. I want to know what I need to do to clear the water/debris from my engine. Do I just replace the fuel filter and go fishing or what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Charles. Thank you for requesting me.

I have a few more questions for you.

is the fuel line from the boat to the engine gray with red lettering?

Is there a water sep filter in the boat?

Did you get any alarms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Charles. The fuel line is solid blue. I'm not aware of a water separation filter on the boat. Where might that be, so I can look? No alarms sounded.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

John,

If you had a water sep filter in the boat, it would be in the bilge area near the transom. It looks like an oil filter with hoses going to it.