Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Crestliner retriever boat I need to put rod holders on ..can

Customer Question

For a crestliner retriever boat I need to put rod holders on ..can you help me ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hi Bob, my name is Jason.

I can certainly try to help you, what kinds of questions did you have?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Could you call me

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

I can, but it is an extra charge. And i'm not even sure I can help you yet. Why don't we start by telling me what kinds of questions you had, and then we figure out if;

A. Its something I can help you with.

And

B. If a solution to your concerns is better addressed via phone, or via the website.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I need to know how to put rod holders ok n my crestliner retriever

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I need to know how to put rod holders ok n my crestliner retriever do I need a plate or????

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Which model/length is your Reteriver, they make that boat in 5 difference sizes. A 15, 16, 17, 18 and 20. Which one do you have?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

20

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Got it. How many rod holders did you want to install?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

4

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Is your boat equipped with the "Guide Track" system? With a channel that runs along the gunnel? (It's an option on these boats)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Last question. You can go about this a few different ways, did you have any idea of how you wanted the rod holders to look? Did you want them in a certain spot in the boat, or want them to point in a specific direction?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes......it is a 45 degree angle

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Facing outwards I assume?

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
I'm going to add some links for you to click on, that will open new windows. What I think will give you the best overall fit and finish is to get 4 accessory mounting brackets from Crestliner, these will go into the guide track system. Click this link below. And then scroll down a little bit and look on the left hand side. http://www.crestliner.com/accessories/ Then, mount an Attwood 52282M to each mounting bracket. Click this link below. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Attwood-Marine-52282M-ATTWOOD-HEAVY-DUTY-ADJUSTABLE-ROD-HOLDER-WITH-COMBO-MOUNT/40937443 Would rigging the rodholders up work that way for you?
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Won't let us select that 5"plays to order

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry I do not understand. What are you trying to select?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Won't let us select that 5"plate

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

I still do not understand. Are you trying to buy the plate through the Crestliner website?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Where ever I can if that will work

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

What you would do is buy the plates from your local Crestliner dealer. Do you know where your closest dealer is, or do you need me to look that up for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Apparently I do beca user no one can tell me how to do this

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Did you still want me to give you a call?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Not if you can tell me where you buy those plates and that they will work on that angle

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

You would buy the plates from your local Crestliner dealer.

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Did you have any further questions for me on the issue?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

We have tried that

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

I don't understand you, have you already purchased these plates?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Tried ordering tbem

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

I still do not understand. Was the dealer not able to order them for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Why not?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

If I knew that I honestly wouldn't have needed to con tact you....I have called crestliner and been on websites

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Have you actually driven to a dealer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I'm gonna have to do that

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

The dealer will be able to order them for you. Most dealers do not work over the phone, or through the website, so you would have to buy the accessory plates directly from them. From there it is just attaching the rod holders to those plates. And that will not only work fine, but look good as well.

I think that should do it. But I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hi, , it looks like you read my answer and logged off without leaving a rating or a reply back. I do want to make sure I answer your question on the issue completely, and I think that I have. If you do have a further question on the issue please feel free to reply back. If not, the website has charged you to speak with me but they will not credit me for helping you out until you put through a rating for me. Please let me know if you are having trouble when trying to put through a rating.

Thanks again and happy boating!

Jason