Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Mercury 50hp outboard won't eject water when muffs on. How

Customer Question

Mercury 50hp outboard won't eject water when muffs on. How do I unclog the pee hole
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Mercury 50 hp outboard won't eject water when muffs on. How to unclog pee hole
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Engine alarm sounded
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you please post the serial number of the engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1B731575
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 2009
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.

Got it thanks.

Look at the discharge port on the lower cowling. See if it is clogged with dirt, that is the most common place it gets clogged. You can take a wire or an ice pick and gently probe the pot to make sure that it is clear. You may also need to remove the hose from it to clear it out.

Let me know if this is it or not.