Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have got a mercruiser 4.3 LX and when I turn the key I get

Customer Question

Hi my name is Lorne. I have got a mercruiser 4.3 LX and when I turn the key I get a single click. I thought maybe the battery so I had it tested... Dead as a door nail. So I replaced it but problem continues
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Engine does not turn over. All I get is the click. All accessories work just not starting.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Have you checked all the battery cable connections on the engine and the battery? They must be clean and tight. What causes the click is a bad connection, cable or solenoid.

If you have verified all the connections and cables are good then we will need a volt meter to do some testing to find the problem. Do you have a volt meter to do some testing?