Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1999 evinrude 115 ficht. When giving it full throttle, alarm

Customer Question

1999 evinrude 115 ficht. When giving it full throttle, alarm comes on and she stops.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 9 months ago.

Do you still need help? I've been out of town and do most of the Ficht questions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
jeff G. what are your thoughts about my prob.
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 9 months ago.

Hi just got in. Do you have the Systems Check gauge? When the alarm comes on is it beeping or a solid tone? Does it do it immediately or after running for a while? What happens if you run at only cruising speed?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ALARM IS SOLID TONE DOES IT IMMEDIATELY AND THE THROTTLE IS IN A LOCKED POSITION. HAVE TO TRURN IT OFF BEFORE IT CAN BE TAKEN OUT OF GEAR. only DOES IT WHEN YOU GIVE IT FULL THROTTLE, LIKE WHEN PULLING UP A SKIER. It runs ok when a throttle up slowly.
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 9 months ago.

Do you have the gauge with the 4 lights? Either by itself or incorporated in the tachometer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Gauge with lights incorporated in tach. Check engine light goes on.
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 9 months ago.

Ok, are you comfortable working on the engine? Do you know where the throttle position sensor is on the flywheel cover? What we need to do is to check for stored service codes. I can walk you through the procedure.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Engine and boat are in storage at my lake home, northern Minnesota.
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 9 months ago.

When you get to it, post back and I'll walk you through the procedure. Once we know what fault is being set then we can fix it or make an recommendation.