Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have a 2001 200hp mercury optimax outboard that one day

Customer Question

I have a 2001 200hp mercury optimax outboard that one day ran great,the next day it tried to start,but would not start,Curt
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Hello. my name is***** will assist you today.

I will need just a bit more info on your question. On the day that the motor failed to start, did you get the alarm test tone?

Would you lease post the serial number of the engine?

What testing have you already done?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried to start my 2001 200hp mercury one day when I turned the key,it would buzzer,then when I tried to start it no buzzer did not start.I think it is electrical.
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Thanks. First thing. Make sure that you did not trip the kill switch by mistake. Remove the lanyard if it is installed, cycle the switch a few times, then flip it to the on position, and try the key to see if you will now get the test beep.