Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I just bought an old Flote-Boat model 200 built in 1973.

Customer Question

I just bought an old Harris Flote-Boat model 200 built in 1973. There is one hole, (approx. 1") near the bottom of the pontoon at the rear of both pontoons. They appear to be factory made and there for some reason. Do you know if they should remain open? I'm not sure if there were plugs in these holes that disintegrated long ago or if they had been removed. Any info would help Thanks
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: no thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Those holes should be plugged all the time in the water and removed when the boat is out of the water. They are drain holes.

Some use 1/2 plastic pipe plugs and others use a standard 1" rubber boat plug.

Here is the rubber plug. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281429943599?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Post back with questions.