Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

How to wire a MP41000 sierra push to choke ignition switch

Customer Question

how to wire a MP41000 sierra push to choke ignition switch to a Faria fuel gauge and a auto meter 3262 universal fuel level sender. cannot get fuel gauge to work and I checked it like book says and it is alright. have a 1998 mercury 200 EFI XL ser# ***** I hooked it up like it says in faria instructions. I noticed on the old sender it had a pink and black wire coming off the sender and a ground which was grounded next to the sender on the tank. I hope I gave you enough info.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Roy, my name is Jason.

What is the part number/model number on the Faria gauge you purchased?

On the key switch, do you need to wire the key switch to the engine, or does that all work, and you just need to know how to wire the gauge?