Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2004 Bayliner 185 Bowrider with a Mercruiser 4.3

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 Bayliner 185 Bowrider with a Mercruiser 4.3 MPI engine.
Over the 9 years I have had the boat, it has been used in Salt water only. Due to my inexperience by not fresh water rinsing of components that were splashed by excess water in the bilge I find that some components are showing signs of premature corrosion.
My question is:-
Is it possible to replace the multi point drain valve and all the pulleys associated to the serpentine belt without using special tools.
Access to the multi point drain valve appears to be a very restricted in the Bayliner 185 engine compartment.
Can these items be replaced using standard handyman tools without having to remove the engine from the boat ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hi Alan, my name is Jason.

Are you having some kind of issue with the multipoint drain valve? Is it broken?

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hi Alan, it looks like you read my reply and logged off. Was this something you still needed help with?