Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

On top of my carb. there is an plate and under plate is two

Customer Question

Hi,on top of my carb. there is an plate and under plate is two air jets that are leaking gas when I put pressure with the ball,its a yamaha(###) ###-####
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: When I put pressure in the gas line gas comes out the air jets othrewise they dont leak
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

The only thing that causes this is a bad inlet needle in the carburetor. The carb is flooding as fuel is going past the inlet needle. You have a piece of debris in the needle or the inlet needle is worn allowing fuel to pass.

Replace the inlet needle in the carb. This will require removal of the carburetors to remove float bowl and float. Replace inlet needle and seat and reassemble in reverse.

Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.

Here is a parts break down and a listing of the parts. # ***** is the part that needs to be replaced. http://www.marineengine.com/parts/yamaha-outboard-parts/1992/115/115TLRQ/620303190004