Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a pair of 2007 Suzuki 115s that has the over rev

Customer Question

Hi Jason
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** I have a pair of 2007 Suzuki 115s that has the over rev lights staying on constantly whether the engines are running or not. They start and run great but both are in a default mode not running over 4200rpm now but they were running at 5700rpm before
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Troy, Jason here.

Is the check engine light flashing any kind of code or pattern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No flashing just staying on all the time, if it was flashing I know I could count them to figure out a default code but not this one
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

What is the story behind the problem? How long have you owned the boat, and when did this start? Also, are you near the boat now?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I don't want to give you a call just yet, as I'm not sure if I can help you or not.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me more history on the problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Started last year in October it was fine before then and it runs ok other than thever light staying on continuously
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just spoke to another Suzuki he said it is either a failed Tps sensor or ECU which either way it is going to need to go to a place that has the software to read it
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Is your boat equipped with Suzuki's Troll Mode? Do you have any buttons on the boat indicating "troll mode"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of that I am going to run combustion cleaner through the engines to see if it clears them