Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 1986 outboard act like it need more air when running with

Customer Question

my 1986 johnson outboard act like it need more air when running with motor cover on---runs fine with morot cover off---noticed like sealant between motor and cowwling
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: see earlier message?
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: no--cleand carbs, fuel pump, fuel line and new spark kplugs---runs fine uncovered---dies off when covered.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

I know what the problem is. (It's one of 2 possibilities) but before I continue, what engine size/horsepower do you have? If you have the model number that would be better.

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hello. It looks like you read my response and logged off. Did you still need help with the problem?