Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

Have a 200 venom and the trim is stuck in the up position.

Customer Question

Have a 200 Johnson venom and the trim is stuck in the up position. Any suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Try opening the manual release valve. Turn the valve 4-5 turns counter clockwise. The engine should drop down tighten screw and run trim up and down then check the fluid level # ***** is the fill cap. The manual release valve # ***** is on the side of the trim pump.http://www.marineengine.com/parts/evinrude-johnson-parts-diagrams/JOHNSON/52802.gif

If this doesn't look like your trim unit I will need the complete engine model number to get correct diagram.