Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have a gillnetter which is powered by a crusader 454 cu

Customer Question

I have a gillnetter which is powered by a crusader 454 cu inch marine engine, which is a right hand rotation. I also have a rebuilt 454 cu inch crusade marine engine which is a left hand rotation. Which engine parts must I replace to make this also a right hand engine. I have the right hand gears needed for the change, but do i need to change to a different cam also.
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Both engines are older versions and have a two piece split rear crank seal. I also havre spare starters for right hand engines.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** all you need to do is change the timing gears. Nothing else necessary.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the quick response.
Expert:  Tan replied 9 months ago.

Your welcome.

Please don't forget to positively rate my service as that is the only way I get paid.

Follow up questions are always welcome at no extra charge on this subject.

Thank you.........Tan