Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have a tohatzu 70hp engine that is destroyed. Oil injector

Customer Question

I have a tohatzu 70hp engine that is destroyed. Oil injector quite. What engine types can I use the good working power tilt and steering.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dave, my name is Jason.

When you say what engine types can use the good working power tilt, are you talking about the power tilt that is part of the outboard? Or do you have an aftermarket power tilt system, such as a CMC brand?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Came with the motor, not after market
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

The trim system is part of the outboard, and not compatible with other brands. Are you looking to replace the outboard as a whole or just the powerhead/engine portion?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't know what it would take to replace the power head portion or if it would be cheaper to replace all.
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Tohatsu's are not very common in the US, and I don't know of anybody that sells remanufactured powerheads. The reason I asked what I did is because I didn't know what you were wanting to do, I didn't know if you were wanting to replace the powerhead or not. On the steering, that is a standard universal size, and you can switch to any brand you like. But after that, you would replace the entire outboard. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I'm done, thanks
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

You are most welcome and I was glad I could help.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dave. It looks like you logged off without putting through a rating for me. The website charges you either way, but they will not credit me for helping you out unless a rating is completed. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

Thanks,
Jason

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I rate Jason's service 5 stars. He replied quickly and accurately. He even gave me great advise surrounding the situation about my question.
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Thank you very much, I will let the moderators know you had trouble with the ratings system.

Happy boating!

Jason