Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I'm having troubles with my 2013 mercury optimax
, It

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It dies intermittently... It could be 10 after I put the boat on the water or it could be an hour. it will generally act like it wants to start back up... sometimes it will and sometimes it wont. if I sit and wait for about an hour it will start back up like nothing was wrong with it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you with this. I need to let you know up front that intermittent problems are the hardest to locate over the internet, but I will do everything that I can to get you to the answer.

First, I am going to need the serial number from the engine.

I also need to know, if you have access to a gauge that can screw onto a schrader valve and can read at-least 120PSI, and a good quality multimeter.

Once I get these answers we can continue.