Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

From Suriname (south America) I want to ask u if it is

Customer Question

Hi, i'm John from Suriname (south America) I want to ask u if it is neccessary to replace my both engines(370 hp twin) from my speedster 200, cause the hull catch a lot of water, while the engines where running, and take a lot of water into the intake, and stops the engines of running. We try to take out the engine oil that turns like milk, and even we flush it with a cheaper oil for several minutes, it still have a lot of water in the crank case i quess, and when its running, there comes a bit of engine oil in the front intake, coming from the tube. Can u help me with some advise, or can u guide me to solve the problem?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: Well the engines are running now, sinds we remove the spark plugs and drain the water out of the cylinders, but the problem is, if it's normal that the flow of oil, coming from the engine, flows that much into the intake where the airfilter is installed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Marine Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Hi John, my name is Jason.

Exactly which engines do you have? Do you have any kind of make or model number them? Is this a Seadoo Jet boat?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Jason. Its a 2005 seadoo speedster 200 jetboat with twin 185 hp rotax engine. Is this information helpfull to you?
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Got it. I know which engines you have. The next question is I read what you wrote but I am not quite understanding you. What kind of issue are you having?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Last sunday i was with to many people on board, and thats why the engine room swallow a lot of water with the engines running. Both engines where completely under water, and stops running because of swallow water thru the intake. When i came home, i and a friend, drain all engine oil, that turns in like milk(oil mixed with water)and we take of all the sparkplugs en swing the engines to press al the water out of the cilinders. After doing so several times and clean up the sparkplugs, we start the engines and they where run like normal, with water cooling from my garden hose, connected rear behind where it suppoost to be connected for flussing. But i discovered that where the oil bypass is to fill de oil, there flows engine oil out of the bypass into the intake that comes into the cylinders on both engines. What can cause this problem, as far we can speak that that is a problem. Hope you can fully understand what i just wright.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Jason. Are you still with me?