Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I just changed out the water pump but when I used the boat

Customer Question

I just changed out the water pump but when I used the boat last it barley started and it would turn off so just loaded back on the trailer so like I said I changed the water pump and gear oil in lower end motor turns but won't stay on . When I was at the dock still in the water the red light came on . I have a 4 stroke Suzuki 175
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Start by checking the engine oil level, it's likely the oil may be low if solid on and not blinking. After that if still having the problem I would need to know if you have an audible alarm and or overheat.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is half the way on the dip stick I will change out the oil and fill then I will get back with you
Expert:  Joe replied 10 months ago.

Is it in the hatch marks for "ok" level?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Joe I am out of town working as soon as I get. Back home and work on the boat I can respond to you thank I will get back with you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Joe I just got home and will start working on the boat tomorrow and I will rate you so you can get pain and I will update you if that worked thanks
Expert:  Joe replied 9 months ago.

Hello Again,

Glad to hear back, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks again,

Joe