Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 60 hp evinrude is maybe 1980s model 2 stroke it

Customer Question

I have a 60 hp evinrude is maybe 1980s model 2 stroke it runs fine on the plane out at sea but will not tick over von idle I have put on new pump still the same could it be the fuel line neads replacing or is it because the tank is much lower and the carburetter and it is not pumping up from the tank
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like what
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Marine Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $26 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is Tan.

Do you mean the engine won't start and idle or something else? Tick over to me means won't crank?