Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2005 Yamaha vmax 200 hp that is having a small

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Yamaha vmax 200 hp that is having a small issue. If the boat sits for more than a week or so, it starts up fine. But when you go to get on plane it will stall out. Pretty much won't go over 1500rpms. After about a 15-20mins of idleing it will run fine
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Can you please send me the engine nr. Also did you check the fuel lines from the fuel tank to the engine?

Noel

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
VZ200TLR. I checked to make sure all fuel line connections are tight

Ok apart from being tight make sure that there is no blockage in the system. Be sure that there is a free flow from the tank to the engine also from the pickup as the symptoms seem to be those of fuel starvation.

Noel