Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

1988 Four Winns with a 5.7 OMC and after it idles it dies. I

Customer Question

1988 Four Winns with a 5.7 OMC and after it idles for awhile it dies. I have rebuilt the carb and same problem. Running on plane I have no problem.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bob, my name is Jason.

When it does does it start right back up? Have you looked down the throat of the carb as it is actually dying to see if it is flooding out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will not start backup. I will be useing it on the 30th and will look to see if it is flooding out. I have another boat that did the same thing years ago and all I did was lean the carb alittle and no more problem since so I thought I would try that on this one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bob, I will send you the offer for phone service. If you accept it I can give you a ring in the next couple of minutes.

-Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bob, just checking in. Any progress?