Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Where can I obtain a fuel cap 18ft7" outboard

Customer Question

where can I obtain a fuel cap for 1994 18ft7" outboard
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rick, my name is Jason.

There are so many different styles of these caps. Can you take a picture of your filler neck (where the cap goes) so I can see which style you have.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Is taking a picture something you are able to do, or are you not near the boat now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what I forgot was the make its a glastron
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

The make is no problem. The problem is there are no catalogs that I can look at to see what style fuel filler glastron uses. Cars are easy if you need parts. If you need a car part you go to the auto parts store and give them the year make and model. And the autoparts store will have some sort of computer where they can look everything up. Boats don't work that way. I would have to see the style of cap you have. And then go to paper catalogs to find one that matches it. So in order to help I would need to see what style fill cap you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Jason ! will look locally thanks!
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

No problem Good luck