Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Jetski seadoo GTX

Customer Question

Jetski seadoo GTX(###) ###-####
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Anyone there or do I need to wait for morning?
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Does it still full rev up or are rpms low as well?

Any misfire?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No miss fire when out of the water whilst flushing. When on the water it goes faster with one person then very slow with three basically used as a tender for the day as that was all it was good for. Did notice very low revs then.
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

You have it listed on here as a 2013 and 2015, I just wish to confirm which?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's 2015 model the menu didn't go to 2015 so I put the closest.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I please get a refund...
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

The first thing you will need to do is confirm that it is not just low speed but also low rpms, as this will pretty much eliminate a impeller problem and point towards engine/fuel.

You mentioned starts fine out of water, are you saying that in water it is harder starting as well?

Did you do anything right before this problem such as rolled it, new fuel, etc?

Have you tried replacing the spark plugs and checking compression? If not this is the next place to start.

Being a 2015 you may be limited in what you can and or want to do as it is possibly still under the factory warranty.

It may also require the scan tool in order to check systems and for codes.

You have it as a 260 however I would need the full model as well, rxp, rxt, rxt-x, gtx, etc.

There are other things to check such as the supercharger and no restrictions, oil level, good fuel, fuel pressure, not overheating, checking for misfires such as with a timing light when under a load.

Thanks,

Joe