Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I really do not know how the opti works but if it is only

Customer Question

I really do not know how the opti works but if it is only the air compressor I will be one happy person.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

It's more common to have a compressor failure than it is an actual powerhead failure. When I said earlier it takes special tools to work on these. In order to tell if it is the compressor what we do in the shop is hook up a special set of fuel/air gauges, and crank the engine over. Air pressure needs to be exactly 80 psi. If it's not, then the compressor gets replaced.

Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

The way the opti works is there are fuel/air rails that have a circuit inside of them for fuel, and a circuit inside of them for air. What happens is as the engine is normally running, the fuel injector opens first, and give the cylinder a squirt of fuel. A millisecond later, the air injector fires and shoots air into the fuel stream, which causes the fuel to atomize alot more than it normally would coming out of the fuel injector itself. Without that extra shot of air behind the fuel, what happens is the fuel doesn't turn into a very fine mist, which is what it needs to be in order to burn. Does that make sense?

Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you have a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you,
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I noticed no rating has been put through yet so I wanted to make sure you were all set. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

-Jason