Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

My name is ***** *****. I have a webasto fcf 1600 with error

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a webasto fcf 1600 with error code E3. Is there a manual reset?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hello?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $26) to post your type of question to Boat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

No there is no manual reset. Did you have any other questions about the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the error code is E3 "Compressor low pressure protection" and water flow and aire flow is great, is that the death nail? Will I need to replace the unit?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Honestly more than likely. With AC units the oil for the compressor is in the refrigerant/freon. The AC compressor has a low pressure switch on it, and if it does not detect enough refrigerant pressure in the system it will not turn on in order to preserve the compressor. Like any AC unit, the systems are sealed. So if it is low on refrigerant there is a leak someplace. And with Marine AC's, the leaks are usually in the condensor as that is the part exposed to salt water, and they all rot out. It very well "could" be a faulty low pressure switch. But they are fairly reliable. And the odds of a leak vs a bad low pressure switch is going to be 95 to 5%, in favor of a leak. The very next step would be to hook up a set of AC gauges to it and read the pressure in the system. If it's empty you know there is a leak. But if the pressures look good, then at that point the low pressure switch would get replaced. Does that all make sense?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you have a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you,
Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I noticed no rating has been put through yet so I wanted to make sure you were all set. Did you have any further questions on the issue?

-Jason