Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma
41498811

2004 bf40 turns over but will not start after sitting a few

Customer Question

2004 bf40 turns over but will not start after sitting a few months. may not be getting gas
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** i will assist you. It looks like the problem is fuel related. As you correctly started troubleshooting, change the fuel filter and make sure that the fuel is coming up to the engine. Then if the problem persists most probably you would need to get the carbs rebuilt as the needles may have got stuck. IF you think you are capable of doing this job please post back and i will guide you to it.

Noel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Noel- Thanks for the assist- I have been out of town so have yet to get to work on the outboard- If I have to work on the carb I will request help- Thanks Terry Parcheta