Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1998 Glastron GS225. There are 3 toggle switches on a panel

Customer Question

1998 Glastron GS225. There are 3 toggle switches on a panel below the dash, to the right of the radio hat say Accessory 1, 2 & 3. I toggle the switches and a little red light comes on inside each, but nothing happens - nothing. What are these toggle switches for and can anyone give me a specific wiring diagram for this boat?
Category: Boat
Expert:  K. Kergan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is Kerry

Modern switches have an LED in them to indicate that the power is on. If you turn on a switch and it lights up, t means that power has gone through the switch.

The switch, on the other hand, could be connected to something or not connected to anything.

The best way to figure it out is to follow the wires, possibly using an ohmmeter.

If there is no wire connected to the output of the switch, the switch isn't connected to anything.

Ask questions if this confuses you.