Kenny O.
Kenny O., Personal Watercraft Specialist, Kawasaki Jet Ski, Yamaha Wave Runners, Sea Doo Watercraft
Experience:  Product Specialist Kawasaki Factory Support 24 Years, 8 years National Technical Director IJSBA
30381042

Yamaha wvt1100 not starting
, the starter motor has

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** yamaha wvt1100 not starting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the starter motor has been replaced with new, it cranks but will not turn over, have drained all possible old fuel out and placed 10 lires of fresh fuel in, battery has plenty of charge but is a few years old
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $26) to post your type of question to Boat Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep4
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is Kenny, do you still need help on this ? Also can you gave a me a little more information on the unit, the year and the model code ?

Thanks

Kenny

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it's a Yamaha wvt1100 1996/97 triple carb.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply, so we are on the same page, have you check for spark at the spark plugs, next if you have spark I would like you to check all the spark plugs and make sure they are not gas fouled, then if you can get some starting fluid and or something like WD40 and a brake clean or contact cleaner, and put the plugs back in, and then try starting while spraying the starting fluid into the air intake to see if you can get the unit it "pop" ortry to start on the fluid. and then get back to me with your findings.

Thanks

Kenny