Kenny O.
Kenny O., Personal Watercraft Specialist, Kawasaki Jet Ski, Yamaha Wave Runners, Sea Doo Watercraft
Experience:  Product Specialist Kawasaki Factory Support 24 Years, 8 years National Technical Director IJSBA
30381042

Are 2009 Yamaha Waverunner vx1100 and vx110 ECU compatible

Customer Question

Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** was told that they will work as far as the electrics, the sport CH model doesn't utilize the remote control, so putting a sport model on an cruiser I don't see why not, the props and the timing are the same, so having the remote is controlled through the controller with dictates a different main harness, the ECU has a different part number which is likely for the added controller in the system for the remote. By the way the fuse box are both models are interchangeable, but it looks like to me they have a different par number is ***** the added remote.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am hoping that you are correct. The phrase "I don't see why not" is not very definitive but I will find out. Thanks ***** *****

Yes Don, other then the remote system I was told that is the difference, I verified in the main specs between the both and timing curve between the both is the same which is critical, if it wasn't I wouldn't recommend it

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your follow up message.. How do I pay the remainder of the fee.

Donald there is a accept button I guess you choose, and then you rate me, we don't have anything to do with that side, I appreciate it

Thanks

Kenny

Expert:  Kenny O. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Donald this is just a follow up on your question, if more help is needed please reply back and we can continue and further diagnosing your problem, if satisfied with my help, please accept as I can get credited for helping you. Thanks again for using Just Answer, if help is need in the future, you can request my assistance and will be glad to help.